Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tin Mt. Bird Walk

In the news paper last Saturday there was a notice about a weekly Tin Mt. bird walk at the brown field bog. So bright and early at 5 o'clock this morning the alarm clocks went off. Mom, Rebekah and I grabbed a back pack stuffed with snacks, water, a sketch pad, colored pencils and of course a camera, pulled on our rubber boots and applied a thick layer of bug spray and headed to the bog.

Above you see some of the group headed into the bog. It seemed we stopped every few feet to view another species of bird. We saw lots of pairs building next and "flirting". We even saw a couple of Black-and-White Warblers having a tiff as the female looked on. I wonder which one won her heart?


A few of the group are biggies in the respect of bird watchers. They were wonderful and amazing in their knowledge and love for these little feathered beaked creatures. One woman, Dixie, took me under her wing ( hehehe! Joke intended )and took time to stop and make sure I saw all the birds she did. Dixie's friend had this awesome, powerful spotting scope. It was so cool to see the birds UP CLOSE through this. Thank you Dixie for helping me to see how truly amazing birds are. I can't wait until next Saturday..................Infact why not come a long. Email my for directions.

No comments: