Saturday, October 3, 2009

Home Made Mouse Pad and Book Mark

The other day we went to visit my grandmother in Lebanon. While we were there we went to Jo Anna's, the fabric store. As we made our way in and out of the fabrics looking at almost everything we found that they had flat quarters on sale, buy one get two free. Mom found one on the front side and we continued our way to the back. On the back side of the display there was a funky blue swirl pattern, I picked it up and asked mom if this could be one of three we got. Being the wonderful mom she is she said yes. So into the cart it went. Latter mom came up to me and ask which fabric match another fabric. I told her which one and asked what she was making. She told me a mouse pad and then I new what I was making with my blue swirl fabric.

I then picked out another fabric and we payed and left the store. When we got home the next day I wasted no time and started on my mouse pad. Mom gave me instructions on how to measure and cut ( as you can see above ) too make the perfect size square.

Measure, cut, measure, cut, measure,cut.


Then pinning and sewing finish the project.......Oh wait......

...finish the project.


Of coarse there was extra fabric and I just had to make a matching book mark.

No comments: