Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Indian Dress for Kit

I am studying India , and had just read a paragraph in my history book about traditional dress when I had a great idea......I thought that it would be cool if I made an Indian dress for my doll, Kit. It was a great experience, and I thought I would share it with you.

Cutting It Out
First I went to Walmart and bought piece of fabric in a nice color of orange.
Then I cut it in half .

Wrapping .
First take one of the halves and wrap it around her waist 2 times. Now pinch 4 to 6 pleats.
Next I put a rubber band around Kit's waist to hold the fabric in place. (Indian women tuck the fabric into their petticoat.) You need to be careful not to unravel the pleats. Finally, I folded the fabric in half and brought it up under her left arm and over her right shoulder.


All Finished!!
I cut out a small red dot of felt and stuck it on Kit's forehead. This shows that an Indian woman is married.

2 comments:

Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kelley Family said...

Sarah, Kit looks great! I loved making clothes for my doll too!!
-Mrs. Kelley